In keeping with the World Well being Group (WHO), weight problems is a medical situation the place extra physique fats has gathered to an extent that will enhance a person’s well being dangers.1 The prevalence of weight problems is excessive and ever-increasing worldwide – almost 40% of adults have been chubby and 10–15% have been overweight in accordance with a report in 2016.2 It has change into a public well being drawback, inflicting extreme damaging results on private well being and social growth.3–5 Weight problems is a multifactor illness that’s decided by each environmental and hereditary elements.6,7 Simulation research have advised that SNPs account for round 30% of variance in BMI, indicating that SNP polymorphism is likely one of the hereditary elements that wants additional examine.8 There’s some proof displaying that the SNPs may have appreciable organic results. As an example, FTO SNPs variance may have an effect on the gene expression by bodily contacting the promoter or disrupting the binding websites of different genes, resulting in the shifts of cell fates – from energy-burning beige adipocytes to energy-storing white adipocytes.9 Nevertheless, for a lot of obesity-related genes, the associations between SNPs polymorphism and weight problems are nonetheless paradoxical and inadequate, which additionally hampered the purposeful characterization of genetic associations.10 This examine primarily focuses on two genes: transcription issue 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) and glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor (GLP1-R).
TCF7L2 is a gene that encodes a high-mobility group (HMG) box-containing transcription issue that performs a key function within the Wnt signaling pathway. The protein has been implicated in blood glucose homeostasis. A number of research have discovered that genetic variants of this gene are related to an elevated threat of kind 2 diabetes in Cameroonian and Danish people in addition to gestational diabetes mellitus in Chinese language people.11–14 In an Asian Indian inhabitants examine, TCF7L2 polymorphism was additionally considerably related to an elevated threat of kind 2 diabetes.15 Contemplating the sturdy connection between kind 2 diabetes and weight problems, the doable affiliation between TCF7L2 and weight problems has been explored.16,17GLP1-R encodes a 7-transmembrane protein that capabilities as a receptor for glucagon-like peptide 1 (GLP-1) hormone, which stimulates glucose-induced insulin secretion. GLP1-R polymorphisms are related to diabetes, whereas the associations between GLP1-R polymorphisms and weight problems in several international locations and ethnic teams fluctuate rather a lot.18,19
Essential advances have been made concerning the understanding of the genetic mechanisms underlying weight problems in earlier many years, however the analysis stays inadequate, particularly in Chinese language folks, who comprise almost 1/5 of the worldwide inhabitants. To one of the best of our information, there aren’t any printed information for the Chinese language inhabitants on the roles of TCF7L2 or GLP1-R polymorphisms in weight problems. This examine aimed to analyze the associations of the TCF7L2 rs11196218 (A/G) and GLP-1R rs761386 (C/T) polymorphisms with weight problems to enhance our understanding of the impact of single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) on weight problems in Chinese language people.
Sufferers and Strategies
We carried out a case–management examine involving topics of Chinese language origin, aged 18 years previous and above. The sufferers with weight problems (physique mass index [BMI] ≥28 kg/m2 and/or male WC≥90 cm, feminine WC≥85 cm) have been recruited from the Outpatient Clinic and the non-obese controls (BMI 18.5–23.9 kg/m2) have been recruited from the Bodily Examination Heart of Xiangya Hospital of Central South College. We solely included sufferers who had a fasting blood glucose (FBG) degree <5.6 mmol/L and and not using a historical past of diabetes. We lastly invited 60 topics with weight problems and 69 normal-weight controls to take part on this examine, all of whom agreed.
Scientific and Biochemical Knowledge Assortment and Genotyping
Scientific and biochemical information have been collected. The information included intercourse, age, top, weight, BMI, waist-to-hip ratio (WHR), FBG, systolic blood strain (SBP), diastolic blood strain (DBP), complete ldl cholesterol (TC), complete triglycerides (TG), high-density lipoprotein ldl cholesterol (HDL-C), and low-density lipoprotein ldl cholesterol (LDL-C). The TCF7L2 rs11196218 (A/G) and GLP-1R rs761386 (C/T) polymorphisms have been genotyped utilizing MassARRAY® MALDI-TOF System (Sequenom, Inc) after the PCR amplification.20 The primers used for rs11196218 are 5ʹ-ACGTTGGATGCTCTTAACCAACATGGCTTG-3ʹ and 5ʹ-ACGTTGGATGAATAAGTGTGCAAACGAGGG-3ʹ; the primers for rs761386 are 5ʹ-ACGTTGGATGGAGTGGCAGCTATGATAGGG-3ʹ and 5ʹ-ACGTTGGATGAGATGAGGAAGTTCACCTGC-3ʹ. The biking parameters have been 94 °C for 3 min; 40 cycles at 94 °C for 30 s, 56 °C for 25 s, 72 °C for 30 s; and a closing extension step at 72 °C for 3 min. The detailed process is documented (https://www.gene-quantification.de/sequenom/).
Statistical evaluation was carried out utilizing SPSS 20.0, exams for deviation from the Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium in addition to allelic and genotypic frequencies have been carried out with the net evaluation software SHEsis (http://analysis.bio-x.cn/myAnalysis.php).21 Steady variables are expressed as imply ± commonplace deviation and categorical variables are expressed as frequencies and percentages. Variations in scientific and organic parameters have been in contrast between teams utilizing independent-sample t-tests (steady variables) and chi-square exams (categorical variables). We adjusted confounding elements together with intercourse and age within the regression evaluation. The importance degree was set at P-value < 0.05. Three totally different modes of inheritances (allele mannequin, dominant mannequin and recessive mannequin) have been analyzed. We carried out the submit hoc evaluation of statistical energy utilizing the facility calculator (https://clincalc.com/stats/Power.aspx).
Scientific and Biochemical Traits of the Individuals
We evaluated 129 Chinese language contributors, comprising 69 non-obese people and 60 sufferers with weight problems (all of whom had a standard FBG degree). Table 1 reveals the scientific and biochemical traits of the topics, comprising 78 girls and 51 males. There have been no important variations between the 2 teams regarding intercourse composition, age and FBG (P> 0.05). BMI, WHR, SBP, DBP, TC, TG, and LDL-C have been considerably increased within the overweight group than within the non-obese group (P< 0.001). In distinction, HDL-C was considerably decrease within the overweight group in comparison with the non-obese group (P< 0.001).
Desk 1 Scientific and Biochemical Traits of the Studied Teams
Allele and Genotype Distributions and Associations with Weight problems
We carried out the Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium take a look at utilizing the net software SHEsis utilizing the operate “Single website evaluation”. The allelic and genotypic frequencies of rs11196218 and rs761386 within the examine pattern, that are offered in Tables 2 and 3, have been in keeping with Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium (P>0.05), which suggests there have been no different evolutionary forces (equivalent to pure choice). Concerning the TCF7L2 rs11196218 polymorphism, the G allele was the most important allele within the two teams (81.2% and 65.0%, respectively). There was a considerably increased proportion of A allele carriers within the overweight group than the non-obese group (P=0.003), which signifies that the A allele of rs11196218 might be a threat issue for weight problems (OR=2.32, 95% CI [1.31~4.09]). Equally, concerning the GLP1-R rs761386 polymorphism, the minor T allele was extra frequent within the overweight group in contrast with the non-obese group (P=0.034), which means that the T allele of rs761386 is a threat issue for weight problems (OR=1.94, 95% CI [1.05~3.60]). Table 3 reveals that the genotypic frequencies of rs11196218 and rs761386 between weight problems and non-obesity group have been additionally considerably totally different (χ2 = 8.558, P = 0.014 and χ2 = 6.795, P = 0.033, respectively). The frequency of TCF7L2 rs11196218 A-carrier AA and AG within the weight problems group was increased than within the non-obesity group, whereas GG confirmed a decrease frequency. Concerning the GLP1-R rs761386, the genotypic frequency of T-carrier, CT and TT, is increased within the weight problems group than within the non-obesity group. These outcomes are appropriate with the allele distinction confirmed in Table 2. To discover additional, we studied the dominant and recessive mannequin, separated the genotype into two teams for every SNP location, executed a binary logistic regression and took intercourse and age into depend (Tables 4 and 5). For the dominant mannequin, we in contrast TCF7L2 rs11196218 AA/AG with GG genotype, and GLP1R rs761386 CT/TT with TT genotype. On this regression, age, intercourse and genotype are impartial variables, group (weight problems or non-obesity) is the binary dependent variable. We discovered that in TCF7L2 rs11196218, genotype AA/AG had 2.54 occasions extra threat of weight problems (P = 0.014, OR = 2.54, 95% CI [1.21~5.35]) in contrast with GG. For GLP1-R rs761386, genotype CT/TT confirmed a marginal increased threat than CC group (P = 0.208, OR = 1.61, 95% CI [0.77~3.39]), however no statistic significance. For the recessive mannequin, we in contrast TCF7L2 rs11196218 AA with AG/GG genotype, and GLP1-R rs761386 TT with CT/CC genotype. The outcomes confirmed that for TCF7L2 rs11196218, the AA genotype had no considerably increased threat of weight problems than the AG/GG group (P = 0.097, OR = 3.43, 95% CI [0.80~14.71]). Concerning the GLP1-R rs761386, there was no TT genotype in our examine group; therefore, it was unavailable to get significant outcomes or make conclusions from the recessive mannequin. Taken collectively, within the allele mannequin, we discovered the distinction of TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 polymorphisms between weight problems and non-obesity teams; within the dominant mannequin, TCF7L2 rs11196218 AA/AG confirmed the next threat of weight problems; there isn’t a important distinction within the recessive mannequin, probably due to the restricted pattern measurement.
Desk 2 Hardy–Weinberg Equilibrium Take a look at and Allelic Frequencies
Desk 3 Genotypic Frequencies Between Non-Overweight and Overweight Group
Desk 4 Binary Logistic Regression Evaluation of Weight problems and Genotype – Dominant Mannequin
Desk 5 Binary Logistic Regression Evaluation of Weight problems and Genotype – Recessive Mannequin
Traits of Completely different Genotypes Related to Weight problems
Table 6 reveals the comparisons of scientific and biochemical parameters between A allele carriers (AA/AG) and people with the GG genotype of TCF7L2 rs11196218, and between T allele carriers (CT/TT) and people with the CC genotype of GLP1-R rs761386. There was a big distinction in WHR between rs11196218 A allele carriers and people with the GG genotype. Nevertheless, after the adjustment of intercourse and age, which have been thought-about confounders, no important distinction was noticed in these scientific traits (P>0.05) between the 2 teams.
Desk 6 Comparability of Scientific and Organic Parameters Between Genotypes
Though there are some research on the results of TCF7L2 and GLP1-R gene polymorphisms on weight problems, the SNP loci which have been studied are nonetheless sparse, and there aren’t any information about Chinese language folks. Furthermore, the associations between these genetic polymorphisms and weight problems fluctuate amongst totally different analysis, the rationale contributing to this can be the moral teams, intercourse, age, and extra modulation by diabetes.22 Our examine supplies the primary perception into the roles of the TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 polymorphisms in weight problems in Chinese language people, taking the confounders equivalent to intercourse, age and blood glucose into consideration. We discovered that the TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 variants have been related to weight problems.
In our examine, we eradicated the interference of blood glucose in overweight folks on the outcomes, the FBG degree was regular in each weight problems and non-obesity teams (Table 1). We additionally adjusted the impact of intercourse and age by logistic regression evaluation. Thereafter, we discovered that there have been important variations in TCF7L2 and GLP1-R allele frequency and genotypic polymorphisms between overweight and non-obese folks, which could be seen in Tables 2–3. In allele mannequin (Table 3), with a two-sided significance degree of 0.05 and frequency of the TCF7L2 rs11196218 GG genotype of 66.7% within the non-obesity group and 41.7% within the weight problems group, the facility to detect the affiliation of rs11196218 polymorphism and weight problems reached 82.0%. For the GLP1-R rs761386, with the frequency of the rs761386 CC genotype of 69.6% within the non-obesity group and 56.7% within the weight problems group, the facility was 32.9%, which can result in a false damaging. In abstract, the numerous variations within the gene polymorphisms in our examine are convincing, whereas the non-significant outcomes might be false. The binary logic regression evaluation indicated that within the recessive mannequin, TCF7L2 rs11196218-A was related to an elevated threat of weight problems in Chinese language people. Moreover, as proven in Table 6, we studied whether or not a number of scientific and biochemical traits have been related to the genotypes that predicted weight problems, however no important distinction was noticed.
TCF7L2 and GLP1-R encode proteins which might be implicated in blood glucose homeostasis and glucose-induced insulin secretion. TCF7L2 and GLP1-R mechanistic research advised that TCF7L2 may impair β-cell operate and down-regulate the expression of glucagon-like peptide 1 receptor (GLP-1R) and glucose-dependent insulinotropic polypeptide receptor (GIP-R), thus decreasing insulin degree.23 For the SNPs polymorphisms, current research have reported that variants in TCF7L2 (rs7903146) and WFS1 (rs10010131) may have an effect on the response to exogenous GLP-1.24 One examine confirmed that the presence of the T allele in comparison with the CC genotype in rs7903146 SNP of the TCF7L2 gene was related to diminished fasting GV, suggesting that TCF7L2 is related to altered gastric capabilities that will predispose to weight problems.25GLP-1R agonism enhances adjustable gastric banding in diet-induced overweight rats and improves weight reduction.26 Nevertheless, there was no investigation of the associations between GLP1-R genetic polymorphisms and weight problems or the mechanisms behind that. In our examine, the numerous SNPs (TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386) have been positioned throughout the intronic noncoding areas, and no earlier research have found any mechanisms of their actions, which awaits future investigation.
Weight problems is affected by genetic profile and environmental threat elements, by which heritability is estimated to 40–70%.27 Earlier research of genetic associations with weight problems advised that many genes are associated to weight problems, together with MC4R, BDNF, PCSK1, POMC, SH2B1, LEPR, NTRK2, FTO, IL-33, and so on.9 Concerning TCF7L2 polymorphism, there was a examine displaying an absence of the affiliation between rs12255372 variant and weight problems within the Cameroonian inhabitants, in addition to the European and American populations.16 One other examine in a European inhabitants indicated that the TCF7L2 rs7903146 T allele was recognized to be a threat issue for kind 2 diabetes, however not weight problems.28 A meta-analysis about TCF7L2 rs11196218 advised that there was an affiliation between rs11196218 polymorphism and kind 2 diabetes mellitus within the Asian inhabitants.23 Khan IA et al investigated six SNPs in six genes together with TCF7L2, which was concerned in β-cell dysfunction and insulin pathway, and so they discovered that the TCF7L2 rs7903146 was related to gestational diabetes in an Indian inhabitants.29 Nevertheless, the detailed info on intercourse, age, anthropometric measurements and metabolic measurements lacked, so the interactive results of those elements couldn’t be adequately addressed.23 One other comparable meta-analysis within the Chinese language Han inhabitants didn’t present any affiliation between the TCF7L2 gene rs11196218 A/G polymorphism and T2DM threat.30 As for GLP1-R gene polymorphism, a examine within the European inhabitants revealed that rs2268641 in GLP1-R was considerably related to BMI whereas rs9380825 will not be.18,19 And there haven’t been research concerning the GLP1-R rs761386 variant on weight problems but. Total, the gene polymorphism findings are inadequate and controversial, which can be as a result of moral distinction, examine group and lack of consideration of confounding results, equivalent to weight problems, intercourse and age. Subsequently, to deal with the query of whether or not TCF7L2 rs11196218 is related to weight problems, it is very important have a well-matched obesity-specific gene polymorphism examine and take confounders to depend.
In abstract, the examine supplies proof and will increase our understanding of the function of genetic polymorphisms in weight problems. Our outcomes counsel that the TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 gene polymorphisms are related to weight problems within the Chinese language inhabitants.
That is the primary examine to judge the impact of TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 polymorphisms on weight problems within the Chinese language inhabitants. There are additionally a number of limitations. The variety of SNP loci and the pattern measurement might attenuate the facility of our examine. Because the genetic threat of weight problems displays the buildup of a number of loci, every contributing a small portion of the overall threat, large-scale screening of obesity-related gene candidates is required to raised perceive the genetic polymorphisms and the underlying mechanisms of genetic affiliation in weight problems. As well as, contemplating the connection between weight problems and kind 2 diabetes, longitudinal follow-up analysis could be useful to grasp the impact of those gene polymorphisms on the onset of kind 2 diabetes and different metabolic ailments. In-depth research with a bigger scale and ethnic variation would assist to elucidate the genetic associations with weight problems in additional element.
Our examine advised that the allelic frequencies of TCF7L2 rs11196218 and GLP1-R rs761386 in allele mannequin each differed within the weight problems and non-obesity teams within the Chinese language inhabitants. Within the allele mannequin and the dominant mannequin, TCF7L2 rs11196218 A-carrier is a threat issue for weight problems. In abstract, the rs11196218 (A/G) polymorphism of the TCF7L2 gene and the rs761386 (C/T) polymorphism of the GLP1-R gene have been related to weight problems within the Chinese language inhabitants.
Assertion of Ethics
This examine was accredited by the ethics committee of Xiangya Hospital of Central South College (No. 201601029) and was monitored by an impartial Knowledge and Security Monitoring Board. All contributors offered written knowledgeable consent. This examine was carried out in accordance with the Declaration of Helsinki.
The examine was financially supported by the Key Analysis & Growth Plan, Hunan, China (2020SK2066) and the Undertaking of Hunan Well being Committee, Hunan, China (20201923).
The authors declare no conflicts of curiosity.
1. Schetz M, De Jong A, Deane AM, et al. Weight problems within the critically in poor health: a story evaluation. Intensive Care Med. 2019;45(6):757–769. doi:10.1007/s00134-019-05594-1
2. NCD Threat Issue Collaboration (NCD-RisC). Traits in grownup body-mass index in 200 international locations from 1975 to 2014: a pooled evaluation of 1698 population-based measurement research with 19.2 million contributors. Lancet. 2016;387(10026):1377–1396. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(16)30054-X
3. Ng M, Fleming T, Robinson M, et al. World, regional, and nationwide prevalence of chubby and weight problems in kids and adults throughout 1980–2013: a scientific evaluation for the World Burden of Illness Examine 2013. Lancet. 2014;384(9945):766–781. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60460-8
4. Finucane MM, Stevens GA, Cowan MJ, et al. Nationwide, regional, and world tendencies in body-mass index since 1980: systematic evaluation of well being examination surveys and epidemiological research with 960 country-years and 9.1 million contributors. Lancet. 2011;377(9765):557–567. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(10)62037-5
5. Lavie CJ, Laddu D, Enviornment R, Ortega FB, Alpert MA, Kushner RF. Reprint of: wholesome weight and weight problems prevention: JACC well being promotion sequence. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2018;72(23):3027–3052. doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2018.10.024
6. Reddon H, Gueant JL, Meyre D. The significance of gene-environment interactions in human weight problems. Clin Sci (Lond). 2016;130:1571–1597.
7. Alharbi KK, Alshammary AF, Aljabri OS, Ali KI. Relationship between serum amyloid A1 (SAA1) gene polymorphisms research with weight problems within the Saudi Inhabitants. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2021;14:895–900. doi:10.2147/DMSO.S294948
8. Yang J, Bakshi A, Zhu Z, et al. Genetic variance estimation with imputed variants finds negligible lacking heritability for human top and physique mass index. Nat Genet. 2015;47(10):1114–1120. doi:10.1038/ng.3390
9. Goodarzi MO. Genetics of weight problems: what genetic affiliation research have taught us concerning the biology of weight problems and its issues. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol. 2018;6(3):223–236. doi:10.1016/S2213-8587(17)30200-0
10. Yaghootkar H, Bancks MP, Jones SE, et al. Quantifying the extent to which index occasion biases affect massive genetic affiliation research. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26(5):1018–1030. doi:10.1093/hmg/ddw433
11. Guewo-Fokeng M, Sobngwi E, Atogho-Tiedeu B, et al. Contribution of the TCF7L2 rs7903146 (C/T) gene polymorphism to the susceptibility to kind 2 diabetes mellitus in Cameroon. J Diabetes Metab Disord. 2015;14(1):26. doi:10.1186/s40200-015-0148-z
12. Wang Ok, Chen Q, Feng Y, et al. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in CDKAL1 gene are related to threat of gestational diabetes mellitus in Chinese language Inhabitants. J Diabetes Res. 2019;2019:3618103. doi:10.1155/2019/3618103
13. Grant SF, Thorleifsson G, Reynisdottir I, et al. Variant of transcription issue 7-like 2 (TCF7L2) gene confers threat of kind 2 diabetes. Nat Genet. 2006;38(3):320–323. doi:10.1038/ng1732
14. Ye D, Fei Y, Ling Q, et al. Polymorphisms in TCF7L2 gene are related to gestational diabetes mellitus in Chinese language Han inhabitants. Sci Rep. 2016;6(1):30686. doi:10.1038/srep30686
15. Khan IA, Poornima S, Jahan P, Rao P, Hasan Q. Sort 2 diabetes mellitus and the affiliation of candidate genes in Asian Indian Inhabitants from Hyderabad, India. J Clin Diagn Res. 2015;9:C1–C5.
16. Ngwa EN, Sobngwi E, Atogho-Tiedeu B, et al. Affiliation between the rs12255372 variant of the TCF7L2 gene and weight problems in a Cameroonian inhabitants. BMC Res Notes. 2015;8(1):717. doi:10.1186/s13104-015-1661-3
17. Nguimmo-Metsadjio A, Atogho-Tiedeu B, Noubiap JJ, et al. Investigation of the affiliation between the TCF7L2 rs7903146 (C/T) gene polymorphism and weight problems in a Cameroonian inhabitants: a pilot examine. J Well being Popul Nutr. 2017;36(1):12. doi:10.1186/s41043-017-0087-z
18. Chung WK, Patki A, Matsuoka N, et al. Evaluation of 30 genes (355 SNPS) associated to power homeostasis for affiliation with adiposity in European-American and Yup’ik Eskimo populations. Hum Hered. 2009;67(3):193–205. doi:10.1159/000181158
19. Li P, Tiwari HK, Lin WY, et al. Genetic affiliation evaluation of 30 genes associated to weight problems in a European American inhabitants. Int J Obes (Lond). 2014;38(5):724–729. doi:10.1038/ijo.2013.140
20. Feucherolles M, Poppert S, Utzinger J, Becker SL. MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry as a diagnostic software in human and veterinary helminthology: a scientific evaluation. Parasit Vectors. 2019;12(1):245. doi:10.1186/s13071-019-3493-9
21. Shi YY, He L. SHEsis, a robust software program platform for analyses of linkage disequilibrium, haplotype development, and genetic affiliation at polymorphism loci. Cell Res. 2005;15(2):97–98. doi:10.1038/sj.cr.7290272
22. Corella D, Coltell O, Sorli JV, et al. Polymorphism of the transcription issue 7-Like 2 gene (TCF7L2) interacts with weight problems on Sort-2 diabetes within the PREDIMED Examine emphasizing the heterogeneity of genetic variants in Sort-2 diabetes threat prediction: time for obesity-specific genetic threat scores. Vitamins. 2016;8.
23. Zhai Y, Zhao J, You H, et al. Affiliation of the rs11196218 polymorphism in TCF7L2 with kind 2 diabetes mellitus in Asian inhabitants. Meta Gene. 2014;2:332–341. doi:10.1016/j.mgene.2014.04.006
24. Lin CH, Lee YS, Huang YY, Hsieh SH, Chen ZS, Tsai CN. Polymorphisms of GLP-1 receptor gene and response to GLP-1 analogue in sufferers with poorly managed kind 2 diabetes. J Diabetes Res. 2015;2015:176949. doi:10.1155/2015/176949
25. Vazquez-Roque MI, Camilleri M, Vella A, Carlson P, Laugen J, Zinsmeister AR. Affiliation of TCF7L2 allelic variations with gastric operate, satiation, and GLP-1 ranges. Clin Transl Sci. 2011;4(3):183–187. doi:10.1111/j.1752-8062.2011.00284.x
26. Habegger KM, Kirchner H, Yi CX, et al. GLP-1R agonism enhances adjustable gastric banding in diet-induced overweight rats. Diabetes. 2013;62(9):3261–3267. doi:10.2337/db13-0117
27. Maes HH, Neale MC, Eaves LJ. Genetic and environmental elements in relative physique weight and human adiposity. Behav Genet. 1997;27(4):325–351. doi:10.1023/A:1025635913927
28. Cauchi S, Choquet H, Gutierrez-Aguilar R, et al. Results of TCF7L2 Polymorphisms on Weight problems in European Populations. Weight problems (Silver Spring). 2008;16(2):476–482. doi:10.1038/oby.2007.77
29. Khan IA, Jahan P, Hasan Q, Rao P. Genetic affirmation of T2DM meta-analysis variants studied in gestational diabetes mellitus in an Indian inhabitants. Diabetes Metab Syndr. 2019;13(1):688–694. doi:10.1016/j.dsx.2018.11.035
30. Ma E, Wang H, Guo J, Tian R, Wei L. The affiliation between the rs11196218A/G polymorphism of the TCF7L2 gene and kind 2 diabetes within the Chinese language Han inhabitants: a meta-analysis. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2015;70(8):593–599. doi:10.6061/clinics/2015(08)10